- A crackling actioner that's a great introduction to a new, up-and-coming
female action star, from the makers of Ong-Bak.
- The Dark Knight
- An epic crime drama of mythical proportions, it's a tour de force of comic book
adaptations; the new standard against which all superhero films will be compared.
- Hellboy II - Impresses with its breadth and imagination,
it's a sequel that's just about better in every way and is a stellar example
of a fun, thrilling popcorn movie.
- Iron Man - A sleek, smart and mightily entertaining super-hero film on the level of the
Spider Man and X-Men
- A sort of post-modern take on, well, Jean-Claude
Van Damme himself, it's a revealing look at a second-rate actor, and an intriguing film on its own
merit - not to be easily dismissed.
- Kung Fu Panda
- One of the most energetic CGI comedies to come out in a long time -
funny, endearing and vastly entertaining.
the Right One In - An atmospheric, excitingly different take on the Vampire genre,
it's a very different, very humane take on the vampire lore, and one that will linger in audience's minds long after the credits have
on Wire - Fascinating, enthralling, suspenseful and all true, an exhilarating documentary of a beautiful, once-in-a-lifetime event that should bring a sense of wonder to everyone.
- For fans of clever, fun crime flicks, you can't beat it - it's gloriously entertaining stuff that will put a smile to anyone who enjoys this kind of cinema.
Millionaire - A vibrant, sentimental romance that mixes reality and fantasy in equal parts, and one that leaves an indelible impression for this exotic land and its
people. Winner of the 2008 Academy Award for Best Picture.
- Speed Racer - The
Wachowski Brothers (they of
The Matrix films fame) have created a giddy, gorgeous, glorious, over-the-top fun-fest that will leave most audiences either reeling in sensory overload or
overjoyed by its sheer audacity.
- Wall-E - Pixar has
done it again - an end-of-the-world science-fiction tale that's appropriate for the whole family, full of humor, pathos, and romance.